2020 – 2021 Membership is now available.
Click here for more information including online sign-up.
New AWiA Board:
Australian Women in Agriculture Ltd would like to introduce the new Executive and Board Directors for 2021, please join us in congratulating them:
Tiani Cook (Northern Territory) – President,
Natalie Sommerville (South Australia) – Vice President
Sarah Parker (Victoria) – Treasurer
Fleur McDonald (Western Australia) – Company Secretary.
Skye Douglass – Queensland Director
Naina Gill – New South Wales Director
Sally Murfet – Tasmania Director
Lisa Brassington – General Director
Jessica Purbrick – General Director
AWiA General Meeting – Saturday 20 March 2021 2pm AEDT
All members are invited to attend the AWiA General Meeting on Saturday 20 March 2021 at 2pm – either online through zoom – or in person at the Wangaratta Regional Study Centre (CSU, 218 Tone Rd, Wangaratta, VIC) for the purpose of considering the proposed constitutional reform.
After the wide ranging membership discussion on 16 February 2021, our lawyer Helen McGowan has provided an updated draft of the proposed amendments to our Constitution.
The next steps are:
- For all members to have the opportunity to review the draft amended constitution.
- For all members to raise any questions with us, or our lawyer, prior to the General Meeting on 20 March 2021.
- To convene the General meeting at 2pm on Saturday 20 March 2021 to consider the Special Resolution which was tabled on 16 January 2021.
- If approved by three quarters of the members present, to adopt the amended Constitution
Members are invited to read and review the following documents (via the website or as attached), then provide feedback using one of the options listed below:
- Comparative table
- Proposed changes to the constitution showing the ‘marked up’ version with comments
Feedback can be provided by one of the following methods:
- Email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 19 March 2021
- Joining AWiA members, board directors and Helen McGowan on Saturday 20 March 2021 2pm AEDT Time. Please click HERE to register for the Zoom session or to attend in person and to submit your questions prior to the session.
Attending in person:
Please note that if you are attending in person, there is an optional campus tour and lunch featuring local produce and wine tasting and local provedores speaking prior to the general meeting. The tour followed by lunch will commence at 12 noon. This is at a cost of $25.00 with further details of the program to be provided via email.
Attending via Zoom:
Please note that login details for the Zoom Session will be provided 24 hours prior to the AWiA General Meeting to be held on Saturday 20 March at 2.00 pm AEDT.
Australian Women in Agriculture Board
What is COVID19 or Corona virus?
Read about AWiA Member Dr Ellen Downes’ perspective here.