ABARES Outlook 2019 Conference
March 5 - March 6
ABARES Outlook 2019 conference:
Tough choices to boost agricultural productivity and resilience
The ABARES Outlook 2019 conference is the agriculture sector’s premier information and networking event. Register today and be part of the conversation.
The Outlook 2019 theme is Tough choices to boost agricultural productivity and resilience and focused on the outlook for Australia’s agriculture sector, including the complex influences that will shape international markets and demand for Australian agricultural commodities and produce over the coming decade. The program and participants will combine to provide something that no other event can offer – a unique combination of public and private sector perspectives, and the latest agricultural analysis and forecasts underpinned by ABARES commodity analysis and long term data sets.
We invite you to join in the conversation at Outlook 2019 in Canberra on Tuesday 5 and Wednesday 6 March for the agriculture sector’s premier information and networking event.
When and where is Outlook 2019?
ABARES Outlook 2019 is on Tuesday 5 and Wednesday 6 March
National Convention Centre Canberra, 31 Constitution Avenue, Canberra
The two day conference will be complemented by the conference dinner, a trade stand exhibition, awards presentation to the winners of the Science & Innovation Awards, and numerous networking opportunities over the catering breaks.
· Hear from keynote national and international speakers.
· Excellent networking and professional development opportunities.
· Update your industry knowledge and understanding of industry specific issues.
· Meet stakeholders from all aspects of the agriculture sector.
Day 1 – Tuesday 5 March
• Global and national context – economics, geopolitics and technology
• Agriculture in focus – outlook for commodities and farm incomes
• Ensuring a world class R&D system
• Making the most of global value chains
• Making NRM pay
• Winning hearts and minds: consumers and communities
• Opportunities to value add up the food chain
• Lights, camera, action: detecting weeds and pests
Day 2 – Wednesday 6 March
• Hard choices to get to $100 billion
• Technology: creating opportunities with ag tech
• Transforming regional Australia
• Fisheries – making the most from a renewable resource
• Irrigation drought? Outlook for water markets
• Managing drought and risk in a changing climate
Read more about the program online including the range of speakers and issues.