Australian Women in Agriculture as an organisation and our members as individuals perform a range of services for the local, regional, state, national and even international community.
One of the current services we perform, is as a member of the National Rural Women’s Coalition (NRWC). The NRWC is a collaborative national voice for women living in rural, regional and remote Australia. AWiA is represented by our director Donna Digby. To learn more about the NRWC, please visit their website.
AWiA is also a member of the National Rural Law and Justice Alliance. The purpose of the alliance is ‘To achieve justice and equity in the provision of legal system services and outcomes for all rural Australians’. We are represented by director, Nerida Cullen. Learn more about the NRLJA by visiting their website.
Some of our ongoing services, delivered on a regular basis for the benefit of members include:
- Australian Women in Agriculture’s Annual National Conference and AGM
- Publication of The Buzz, a quarterly comprehensive journal focusing on rural women and their communities
- Fostering of partnerships with companies, peak industry organisations and government to develop initiatives to promote women as equal partners in agriculture.
- Recognition as a professional body to provide government and opposition with a diversity of voices through an annual delegation to Parliament House Canberra
- Establishment and maintenance of the AWiA website, designed to allow members to be informed, know how to influence, innovate, invest in their future and feel inclusiveness is being achieved.
- Facilitation and co-ordination of workshops throughout Australia. Past examples include Leading the Way and Strengthening Australia’s Farming Future.