Agsafe is a non-profit organisation that supports agricultural and veterinary chemical product stewardship, and its national ChemClear and drumMUSTER programs provide environmentally-sound solutions to safe disposal of agvet-related chemical waste and containers.
The contribution of women is vital to the long-term viability of the nation’s agriculture and Agsafe recognises their important and varied roles as leaders both on-farm and in communities.
Agsafe supports the development of women farmers in regional Australia and in 2017 we’re seeking to sponsor three delegates to attend the AWiA annual conference to be held in Brisbane.
This three-day event from 22-24 September is an excellent opportunity to widen the agricultural network for Australian farming women, who are generating 48 per cent of real farm income.
This year’s conference is themed, Securing Australian Agriculture – sustaining families, farming and our future.
The conference is a chance to mix with women working in agriculture and hear from speakers on managing rural issues, including Cosmopolitan 2016 Humanitarian of the Year, Rochelle Courtenay, founder of Share the Dignity.
There are also event tours and a cocktail launch.
If you wish to be considered for sponsorship to attend the conference, we’d like to hear from you and in 1000 words or less answer the following set of questions:
- What types of waste does your farm generate?
- Has this volume of waste increased or decreased over the last 3 years?
- What opportunities are there to reduce waste on your farm and how is it being, or, could it be managed?
- What waste reduction initiatives do you have in place on your farm?
- What does sustainability mean to you?
- Have you used the ChemClear or drumMUSTER programs before? If so, please describe the experience.